Yeah, I know varicose veins can be extremely painful. Resulting from some of the vein’s one-way valves acting improperly, the veins gets stretched to its capacity with constant blood flow which in turns blocks a free flow of the blood in the nearby veins too. This ultimately enlarges the vein to swell up even to be felt from the surface of the skin.
Dilated up to 4mm in diameter, the veins react with excruciating pain in the affected area or the whole leg. This definitely calls for varicose vein home remedies for temporary comfort. But before that it is better to check first if your family has earlier occurrences of this illness.
If positive, then a complete plan of both preventive and remedial program has to be in your hand. For years various types of home remedy for varicose veins have been in use across the world, a few of which are most effective are mentioned below:
1. Always keep your legs on the move. Do not stand or sit in the same position for a long time and avoid crossing your legs when sitting.
2. Get into some serious kind of exercise to lower your body weight which is taking its toll on your legs. Regular exercise will surely make your legs stronger and help to freely circulate any blood clog. A reduced weight will also remove the strains on your legs.
3. Start eating a healthy diet rich in fiber and vitamin C that has direct relation in building strong blood vessels will surely keep the illness at bay.
4. The earliest varicose vein home remedies include propping up your legs a little bit higher from the floor that may prevent retention of fluid in the legs or give you some comfort. Just in case you are sitting on the couch and watching TV, try to elevate your legs for at least 10 minutes per hour. Slightly keeping the feet elevated while sleeping also helps.
5. Varicose vein home remedy also calls for a check of your chair or work stations. Choose carefully so that your legs get enough space to be stretched.
6. However the greatest home remedy for varicose veins is of course trying to do a little bit of ankle and feet exercise while working at desk or lazily slouching on the couch watching TV.Move your ankles up and down or rotate them both clockwise and anti clockwise, 10 times at a stretch after every 1 hour.
7. Wear soft cushioned or cloth shoes for the comfort of your feet and always wear comfortable loose fitting pants or inner wares.
8. Also included in the natural remedies for varicose veins are recommendations to wipe off the affected area with a clean soft cotton towel soaked in water in case its itchy but never to scratch that may lead to bleeding or ulceration.
9. Moreover rubbing of a little bit of castor oil after bathing can also be followed as varicose vein home remedy for soothing.
The nature has forever nurtured us on its lap and all the cure we invent comes from the nature too. So before your varicose veins turns too bad that may require medical attention, try first the natural remedies for varicose veins for a natural cure and comfort.