Varicose veins do not only appear in the legs; they can also develop in the arms and ankles. This is especially if you place too much pressure in these spots. At the first sight of spider or varicose veins, you must immediately act to eliminate them to avoid worsening your condition. Here are some ways on how to get rid of your varicose veins in the arms:
1. Say goodbye to your fitted shirts and blouses, which constrict your arms thereby affecting the normal flow of blood in your arms. Wear loose clothing.
2. Perform some cardiovascular exercises as these will significantly work on both spider and varicose veins. These will eliminate the excess pounds in your body that gives too much burden on your circulatory system. These will greatly help blood to flow easily in the blood vessels. Do this for 20 minutes every day. Even the simplest form of exercise like walking can improve the circulation of blood in your arms and legs.
3. Follow a healthy diet that specifically improves blood circulation. This should include eggs, oranges, salmon and watermelon. If you are used to drinking alcohol, reduce your intake. The same goes for caffeinated products that can worse the condition of your varicose veins. Likewise, eat foods that are rich in fiber and low in sodium to eliminate or at least reduce the risk of inflammation.
4. Apply vitamin K cream right on your arms. This contributes in reinforcing capillaries that therefore strengthens the blood vessels and avoiding puffiness. Vitamin K creams are available in several drug stores. Use this cream every day for better results.
5. Call a vein center in your area to arrange for consultation and a possible vein screening by a dermatologist or vein specialist. You may also look for free vein screening in your city or town. The best ways to do this is to ask people you know for referrals and to search for vein clinics over the Internet and check their websites for this specific information. After consultation and vein screening, discuss the possibility of undergoing sclerotherapy with your vein doctor. This treatment calls for the injection of saline solution into the affected veins in your arms. It helps to break down veins and later reduce in size. It works effectively in eliminating bloated arm veins.
6. Work on some stretching exercises for the arms. This will help increase blood circulation and avoiding the grouping of blood in your arm veins. You may also complement these with some yoga moves. If your veins are inflamed and causing you pain, it is important that you visit your doctor immediately. These may be an indication of a more serious condition like phlebitis. This is particularly if you experience symptoms after getting injected. Phlebitis is the medical term for swelling of the wall of a vein. As this happens, it may develop blood clot or thrombosis inside the lumen that may result to the blocking of blood circulation.