- This event has passed.
Cosmetic Sclerotherapy Course
May 14, 2014 @ 8:00 am - 4:00 pm$1350
At the conclusion of the course students should:
- Understand the vascular anatomy of the lower extremity.
- Understand the venous classifications within the moniker “spider veins.”
- Understand the the pathophysiology of the disease process.
- Understand the epidemiology.
- Understand the points of effective patient evaluation.
- Appreciate the importance of effective counseling and management of expectations.
- Understand basic science and pharmacokinetics of the various sclerosing solutions.
- Understand and apply various injection techniques depending on the size and location of the vessel to be treated.
- Understand how to use different imaging modalities to accomplish successful treatment.
- Understand how to recognize and manage complications.
The Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course is broken down into two segments, didactic and hands-on. The morning session covers the basic science, anatomy, pathophysiology, epidemiology, and injection techniques and is followed by the hands-on session in which you will be working with live models under the direct observation of the instructor.
Course Description: The Center for Venous Disease Cosmetic Sclerotherapy course is a one day course that this broken down into two segments, didactic and hands-on. During the morning of the course you will review all of the basic science, pathophysiology, anatomy, epidemiology, injection techniques and other practice based applications. There will be a short break for lunch followed by an afternoon of hands-on training. During your hands-on segment, you will be working with live models with one-on-one observation by an instructor. At the conclusion of each treatment, time will be set aside to “chalk talk” your performance to provide insight on your technique. CVD has trained providers from around the world in the art of Cosmetic Sclerotherapy and has always had the highest marks on our course evaluations.
The Center for Venous Disease is a group of physicians and surgeons dedicated to excellence in the field of Venous and Lymphatic medicine. As such, our group has been providing skills transfer courses, certification review and hands-on training since 2005. All of our teaching staff are diplomates of the American Board of Venous and Lymphatic Medicine and hold RPhS and RPVI credentials as well.
Our corporate office houses a state-of-the-art, 30-seat dedicated classroom that is used for training. We have 8-way adjustable ergonomic chairs, audience polling system, along with an integrated kitchen and break room to keep you fresh and comfortable during your training. Lastly, our dedicated training coordinator will be available to make sure the entire process runs smoothly for you. Please call today for more information.